Monday, June 22, 2009

Mondays Missives





  • A recent patient threw every bad visual during his death that has ever been documented by man- in about 2 minutes.


  • Not trying to pat myself on the back too hard but, I simply cannot imagine what it would have been like for the family if I had not prepared them. They did super though.


  • I'm reading A Leap In The Dark by John Ferling about the American Revolution. I had thought of the American Colonials that fought as insurgents but, this was the first time I'd seen it in print- kind of a strange connotation.


  • A coyote came up to the house a few weeks ago that was big as a wolf and walked with a limp.


  • I met a guy once with a friend and while we were talking and watching him work on his motorcycle a coyote just walked up to us and sat down and smiled so casually then watched us interact like it was the most interesting thing he'd ever seen. The guys wife had three cats and they climbed to the top of the carport with urine running out of their bodies while they hissed and spit like nothing I've ever heard.


  • If my children are out after dark to make sure the porch light is on for them I'll check it multiple times before I even think of lying down.


  • When it's time for the bus to be here I like to have the door open and on occasion a fire going in the fireplace.

  • When I was a child my dad had an old Ford Falcon station wagon. When we were taking a weekend trip or vacation that car would be left at the house and mom would pack it down and when he got home the jon boat would be tied to the top, everyone would pile in and we'd be off- what a sight we must have been.

1 comment:

MarmiteToasty said...

Im glad you were there not only for your patient but for the family.....

Coyotes steal small children and pets, Ive seen that on a film.... scarey... except your bike watching one sounds rather cute lol

I to leave the front light on when not everyone is home..... and if I go to bed and forget to, I remember as I get into bed and have to hobble back down the stairs and turn on the front and the back light.... also have done it..

I LOVE the car in the photo.... your family times sounds so special, Im green with envy, but in a nice way with smiles and special thoughts..

and yes its 4.46 in the morning here....pain = cant sleep = scared
x