Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday's Dispatch




  • Letourneau, the Seattle teacher convicted of raping one of her students met the boy when he was in second grade and they began having sex when he was 12.
  • That first detail had escaped me and makes the crime seem that much worse.
  • I knew one of my friends bought a mountain bike last year- I remember him saying something about it but, didn't recall any details. I saw it when I worked on a lawnmower for his wife recently. It's a beautiful Trek, probably a 1000 dollar bike (maybe more) before he started throwing accessories at it.
  • Couldn't prove it by me he's ever been on it.
  • For breakfast yesterday I had 4 cups of coffee and a Dr Pepper. For lunch a steak, mashed potatoes and sauteed mushrooms with buttered sourdough rolls and sweet tea. For supper sliced brisket, garlic mashed potatoes and red beans with sweet tea.
  • I think my left ventricle just exploded.
  • And my pancreas just fell out.
  • Zac came to me with a broken toy yesterday and said," Hir, bwoke- fix- dad- pwease." Pretty good for a guy that's not quite two years old.
  • Huh, "hir", "bwoke" and "pwease" get flagged by my spellcheck- that's crazy.
  • Another Zacism that just crossed my mind: he doesn't like having his hair messed with sometimes and while absentmindedly running my fingers through his hair the other day he said," Uh, uh- weave my harr awone, pwease!"

3 comments:

The Accomplice said...

I met a guy this week that had "relations" with his high school teacher when he was 17. The "relations" ended up with her being pregnant. He is now 24 and has to pay child support. The teacher carried the child while he attended school there. It was hush hush and she never recieved any punishment for her actions.

el chupacabra said...

acco- wow.

Anonymous said...

LeTourneau = bad behavior

Debra LaFave = hey now!