Monday, June 15, 2009

Monday's Missives

  • While looking for a movie on .99 cent day I saw that guy Toby Keiths movie Beer For My Horses on the rack.
  • Instant deflation.
  • Everybody loves the patriotic songs of both he and Lee Greenwood.
  • Except the troops.
  • I promise you.
  • Bought the little ones a ginormagantuan, megalithic Little Tikes playground set with 2 slides a tunnel and plenty of climbing features.
  • Hero.
  • Zac is unsure of the big slide still.
  • Never knew any of my great grandparents.
  • I would be a garbage man and ride on the back of the truck and pick up the trash in a minute.
  • In fact- it's still a back burner type goal I truly intend to make happen when the time is right.

4 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

I only sold our little tikes mega thingie last summer, it sounds like it might of been the same thing, I remember being a heroess when it appeared in the garden one morning..

Me brother and I rode on the back step of the ice-cream van when we was about 7 and 9, he fell off and smashed his new big front teeth out, he gave me a chinese burn and told me to tell our mum that he fell off his bike, or we would of been skinned alive for hanging off the back of a moving ice-cream van...

I to never know any great grandparents and one briefly knew to nannies.... and only this past few months found out the proper names of my grandparents, it bought me to tears knowing that I really did belong in the chain.. - but then Im an old softie..

x

MarmiteToasty said...

*told me NOT to tell our mum*

x

an Donalbane said...

Beer for my Horses actually was quite a fun movie. Lots of fun cameos: Mac Davis, Willie, David Allan Coe, Curtis Armstrong. Barry Corbin and Tom Skerritt. As well as The Nuge.

Don't think it was up for any Academy Awards (duh!), but it was a fun DVD.

an Donalbane said...

Mea culpa! I think I got carried away with the word 'fun' in the last comment. Sheesh!