Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday's Dispatch




  • While I'll admit I can get as cranky as anyone else, overall I'm pretty calm- often too much so for my own good I'm sometimes reminded but, few thing in this world could make me ##^&&%%$#! madder than the above. Crazy, makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

  • Baby played with the water hose and a spray nozzle by himself for the first time today and watered the yard real well while getting himself wet. I sat on the porch in my rocker and watched.

  • Contentment:" 1.the state of being contented; satisfaction; ease of mind.
    2.Archaic. the act of making contentedly satisfied."

  • Not working as much as I'd like- will have to find something else if it doesn't pick back up.

  • Great thing about my profession.

  • I don't know what they think of it now but, there are a few nurses who went into nursing largely due to my influence although of course they had thought about it before on their own. I might have given that final push. There are few things that made me feel as good as seeing them out in their practice making a good living.

  • Going to buy new tools for a brake job on the turd bomb. Tired of trudging back and forth digging through stuff for tools I then don't find because they were lost long ago. This time I'm going to take care of them and keep them in one accessible spot.

  • Whatever.
  • My oldest patient now was 4 weeks short of 101 years old.
  • My youngest: 4 weeks short of 6 months.

6 comments:

YM said...

Someone in your family has a nice start on a collection of remote control battery covers.

The Accomplice said...

I would throw those remotes away. That drives me insane.

With my OCD personality, my kids know to keep up with the backings.

I don't think I could handle an infant hospice patient.

MarmiteToasty said...

*Tiptoeing in*

Our remotes are backless to, it really gets me goat....

Visions of you on the porch in ya rocker and ya baby playing in the garden with the hose, its just to dam priceless for words..

x

MarmiteToasty said...

And, I might add, the world is blessed by having you as an nurse and an inspiration to others...

x

an Donalbane said...

Camo duct tape - just the thing for the remotes.

LandShark 5150 said...

Put my boot on what ever piece of ground ordered. Rode my motorcycles wherever the wind blew me. One day I saw a person at a distance and I stopped. They became my flank. That support, saw and fought with a distructive force. I could finally rest.
Learned my mirror, wasn't across a fence line or sitting with drugs on it. My true enemy was always staring back.
My wife carried in battle then led me in peace. She gave me life.
Chupa, I always gain a grin after reading your blog. You nailed the reason, CONTENTMENT. Some never find it, some die chasing it. It can't be bought, it is found.
My grin comes at the thoughts of your children and patients you share with us. You lead them by your support you give, always at their side.