Monday, June 8, 2009

Monday's Missives

Barney Oldfield 1917 in the Golden Sub car.

  • Let's talk about going to the moon, Mars, Jupiter and Pluto- wherever when we can watch The President give an address in the Rose Garden without police and ambulance sirens screaming in the background.
  • Every single time.
  • Although crime rates there are at a 20 year low, violent crimes occur at three times the national average in our nations capitol.
  • Instead, city and state governments across the country and world in fact should be clambering for information on how to make a city so safe and attractive to visitors.
  • Instead, ask a resident of the area or someone familiar with travel there about sight seeing and the first thing they will say is,"Well, don't go anywhere after dark...".
  • Last seasons hailstorms continue to claim victims: my ornamental plum is about to succumb to it's wounds after all this time and effort to save it.
  • My baby son was recently taught how to operate a very realistic semi auto style toy pistol. I Could not be more disappointed or fearful.
  • My family was so lucky for so many years- tragedies and heartbreaks yes but, few and far between I think. My childrens great grandmother has died now after a fall which was contributory to her death and I'm afraid the hits are going to just keep coming for awhile.

1 comment:

MarmiteToasty said...

If no toy guns available, children will make them out of lego or sticks..... sad but true..... in my job, Im not allowed to have guns in the toyboxes not even cowboy and indian guns.... but one is allowed to have swords and daggers and knight costumes..

I lost my father, uncle (who was like a father to me) and my mother all within a space of 9 weeks, as I had no grandparents and my children no great grandparents, it was a first for all of us...

since then, we have lost many friends, both young and old.... life aye... its what we sign up for..

x