Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday's Dispatch



  • Came across a blog that I follow being followed by a blog that I could not have come across in a more random way- it seems impossible really, there are probably hundreds of millions of blogs and I came across that one.


  • Of all the blogs in all the world...


  • I finally saw it the other day: a blog about blogging.


  • 25 years from now will our childrens children be able to learn about what we were thinking on a given day by reading our blogs? I can fully see where they might still be there and then also they might be long gone.


  • I've got to get on the ball and get me and my children a go kart. The baby is cool with taking the riding mower for a spin around the neighborhood but, he's two- when he's three that will be lame-O.


  • And for some reason you could not force my teenager on the thing at gunpoint.


  • Kids these days.


  • Some times a beating (literal) would be easier than doing the right thing but, afterward I feel whole and clean. Recently someone told me I didn't have to do something I knew was the right thing I said,"I have no choice- it's part of my code."


  • That thinking will be the end of me I fear.


  • Right or wrong- baby son is attracted to pretty women- teachers, family members, his little friends that happen to be girls that he really likes- also happen to be cuties.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a good code. Many have & will benefit from it. Someday it will come back around.
On the pretty women - like father like son! Not a bad trait to pass on. : 0 )

4 Life said...

Oh, riding around on the riding lawn mower should last until at least 5! But, must admit, go-karts are oh, so much fun!!! WHEEEEEEE.....

Miss_proper said...

Oh I am SOOO with you on thinking... I KNOW it will be the end of me...

MarmiteToasty said...

Ok, whats the blob ya found? :)

When ya baby is 3, he will be able to ride the lawnmower by his self, not that will be fun...

When you say go-kart do you mean a proper wooden home made one with wood and pram wheels and a piece of rope for steering? or do you mean one of them new fangled motor jobbies?

I had to do something that I 'knew' was the right thing, I can do no other, its in me to be who I am, and no one else...... but because of it, I lost what I 'thought' was a very good friend..... but upon reflection, the 'good friend' sometimes ya just really find out who ya true friends are...... we live and learn, but I can still not be someone Im not....

Im glad you to have morals and the 'code' cos without that life would be a sham..

x

MarmiteToasty said...

not = now

oh hush, Im totally knackered....

x

YM said...

Like father like son? Best keep him away from Argentinian women for the time being. ;P

Anonymous said...

When my son was still in a high chair, we went to Hooter's on a Sunday afternoon. We were seated by the kitchen, away from everyone watching the game. The waitresses were really happy to have little kids in and gave my daughter balloons and such.

About 15 minutes into the meal, son figured out that if he dropped something as a waitress was walking to the kitchen, the waitress would bend over to pick it up. He's liked Hooter's ever since; the only 7 yr-old I know who loves hot wings and clams.