Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Wednesdays Digressions





  • Don Cornelius was arrested late last year on family violence charges. For some reason this reminded me of a show in the 70's and early 80's called Don Kirshners Rock Concert. It was the first time I ever saw Kiss and Black Sabbath. With all the music channels on now people cannot imagine how awesome an hour and a half long live music program once a week could be especially since there was no lip syncing. I remember Kirshner had the most flat, droll delivery.



  • I stopped on General Hospital the other day for a minute. Luke came to someones door looking dishevelled, in pain, drunk, needy and breathless then they broke for a commercial. Some things never change.



  • I worked with a guy once who quit the last job he had because they changed his lunch hour schedule and he couldn't watch General Hospital. VCR's were only just becoming available so someone said,"Why didn't you just record it?" He said,"No way- too expensive and it's not the same anyway."


  • I'm not sure but, I think the phrase You are more than welcome gets on my nerves.
  • This post has been scheduled for months I know I will have gone to at least one funeral by the time it self publishes and that's a weird thought.
  • As I wrote that, it reminded me of a recent patient who had severe alcohol dementia and liver cancer. She had no family and no one interested at all in her welfare but, the few of us taking care of her and was going to receive a paupers burial ( after cremation). I helped her to the restroom for the last time in her life and it occurred to me within the next 48 hours she would be reduced to a few pounds of ash and I could not get that image out of my mind.
  • PS- I've been to two funerals since this was first scheduled.

No comments: