Thursday, January 1, 2009

Special Bonus Missives



  • People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  • Still absolutely mystified by peoples actions and words following a persons death.

  • Having a bit of a tough time absorbing the death of my children's great grandfather and told someone in a conversation recently,"I spent a year in Iraq, I'm a hospice nurse, I might know a little about death- why is this so hard to get my mind around and accept?"

  • My son was the first great grand child is one component

  • Another, I admired him like no other and he respected and like me- that made feel like a better person I suppose.

  • When he was nearly 80 I was going to tease him when I saw him first in a grocery store by bumping my cart into his rear end- however when I tried it only smashed his heel on the lower frame of the buggy. Without missing a beat he turned, stepped around that buggy and punched me in the stomach!

  • You gotta love someone who at 80 would direct physical violence against someone less than half his age for fun.

  • Someone on another blog (sorry, don't remember who) said to the effect, "How many rockets would Russia wait to rain down before they retaliated?" In regards to Israels strikes in the Gaza strip and the Russian mediation to end same.

  • One
  • Then the offending country would be flattened.

  • Bought a new tent- a fancy schmancy Eddie Bauer 7 person model. It didn't last through one night of 30 mph winds. It's the third tent I've owned in as many years.

  • They better not hassle me when I return it.

  • What will I do?

  • Whine, moan and bellyache like an impotent jerk and then stomp out of the store probably.
  • I would be rather be that cobra than one in that pack of mongoose any day of the week.


No comments: