Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Wednesday Digressions









  • “This is our 16th year, and I wish I had a big piece of wood to knock on right now, but we have not had an incident."
  • A monster truck racing promoter said this the day before he was run over and killed at a Madison Wisconsin show.
  • "Jack devises a plan to keep the nation safe from the latest terrorist threat"- the plot for hour 1-2 pm for this season of the show 24.
  • The same as every other episode.
  • A Jack Bauer joke: Jack Bauer's favorite color is severe terror alert red. His second favorite color is violet, but just because it sounds like violent.
  • Another: Jack Bauer is the leading cause of death in Middle Eastern men.
  • Well, one more: Upon hearing that he was played by Kiefer Sutherland, Jack Bauer killed Sutherland. Jack Bauer gets played by no man.
  • Don't understand why a computer operates so slooooowly if it's been on for extended time periods or why it takes so long to be operational when it first starts up- it's not like there's vacuum tubes in there warming up.
  • People are crazy.
  • Now that I'm back in the habit of reading again I don't know how I let myself get away from it- I hope the weather allows a trip to half price books tomorrow. My favorite bookstore was in Fort Worth on Rufe Snow- lots of up to date history, bestsellers and DIY books and alway less than half price. It converted to a romance novel only bookstore- from front to back, tens of thousands of them.
  • No, not kidding.

2 comments:

YM said...

My favorite, "Upon hearing that he was played by Kiefer Sutherland, Jack Bauer killed Sutherland. Jack Bauer gets played by no man."

Good luck getting to the book store. It's melting out there but I'm not brave enough to venture out yet. My car looks like an ice sculpture anyway.

The Accomplice said...

Its all about Jack Bauer.