Saturday, January 3, 2009

Saturday Pre Funerary Thoughts

  • I watched the first episode of Rocky and Bullwinkle last night on Hulu I wouldn't have guessed it was first aired in 1959. It was also more grownup oriented than I remembered.
  • Ate a Mr. Goodbar for the first time in my life today.
  • In spite of using the same coffee in the same amount, same maker- everything the same to make coffee in the morning- it always tastes different.
  • Also, I can use the same cup to warm some in the microwave for the same amount of time and one time it's just nice enough to drink- the next I won't think anything of it and it will scald my mouth.
  • That and windy days are really the only things I can't stop from putting me in a bad mood.
  • I'll bet it will be standing room only at my children's great grandads funeral.
  • Will tell some more stories about him later when I have pictures. My favorite? We were fishing on Bridgeport Lake up in a tree covered slough so we got surrounded by a storm by surprise. Coming back to his house in 3-4 foot waves the prop fouled in a trotline so I had to get out in the water and cut us free. The rear of the boat would pitch up so high I couldn't reach the prop and would have to swim back away from the boat until it slammed back down in the water and then dive under the motor to get to the prop.
  • A Perfect Storm Wise County- Directors Cut.
  • Have to go get ready for the funeral
  • Would rather take a beating
  • A severe one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang...did you like the Mr. Goodbar

el chupacabra said...

No, thought it was terrible- 3 Musketeers still rule in my book!