Friday, January 2, 2009

Fridays Dispatch



  • Joe Arpaio Maricopa County Arizona Sheriff has a new reality show called Smile, You're Under Arrest. Love him or hate him that's your business but, he speaks of himself in the third person.

  • You cannot trust a person who speaks of himself in the third person.

  • I want to make a nice rocking chair before I die.

  • This morning I read the whistling part of Otis Reddings Dock Of The Bay was meant initially to hold the place of another unwritten lyric but, was left as a tribute after the song was finished for him after his death.

  • I could eat out every meal and live in hotels if I had the means.

  • My favorite chair is a rocking chair made of mulberry from a tree that was in the builders neighbors yard. It fell during a storm and was given to the builder. He was selling them on the side of the road and as I drove by I noticed his arm was in a sling so I decided to stop and help him unload. He said the arm was broken but, I don't remember how. The rocker was marked 200.00 but, since I helped him unload I got it for 125.00.

  • I know, I know- that arm had probably been broken for a year and the wood came from a telelphone pole and shipping crates but, it's still a pretty rocker and I've used it with all my children and nieces and nephews.

  • I can still remember being under my dads chair scared out of my mind watching some horror movie when I was little.

  • Did everyone have monsters under their beds? I used to stand on the end of mine and jump toward the door to get out of my room to avoid them. It's a wonder I didn't kill my self.
  • From 1997 to 2007 there were over 1000 new species of plants and animals identified in Vietnams Mekong Delta alone. Not ameobas and grass mites- hares, snakes, birds, lizards and spiders as big as dinner plates.
  • This world is still so much larger than most of us can grasp.
  • I hope that butterfly feeling I get when I meet someone I'm attracted to never goes away.

No comments: