Friday, January 16, 2009

Fridays Dispatch







  • Oddly, while I like the Harry Potter series well enough and watched all of the movies I can't really relate the point to the series or individual movies where I could for instance, the Lord Of The Rings.





  • Also I thought it odd the author felt compelled to gush out in a press conference that the character Dumbledore is homosexual. It never was central to any of the stories and didn't seem to be something that drove his personality. Some of the other characters had romantic interests and those interests had some prominence in the later movies but, if anything Dumbledore was portrayed as asexual I thought.





  • Pandering: "To cater to the lower tastes and desires of others or exploit their weaknesses"





  • On the two hour special first episode of the new season of 24 there is a scene where Jack Bauer is helping a bunch of people escape some bad guys in Africa. When they start being attacked by a helicopter everybody runs into a treeline where a cameraman can be seen very plainly filming them for shots from a different angle. It was kind of strange how obvious it was not, did I just see what I thought I saw?- there was a dude standing there plain as day with a camera filming from behind a tree.




  • Hulu has episodes of Bewitched, I watched the pilot- very good. I tried the second, maybe it was too soon.




  • David White the man who played Larry Tate's son was one of the people killed in the terror bombing of Flight 103 over Lockerbie Scotland.
  • Unsure of the meaning associated with the above poster although I assume it's a reference to Steve Irwin and if it is- how will I feel about being reminded of him, since this post has been scheduled for months?


  • If I read one more account of a detective going to someones house (or hotel room) investigating a crime and after using the restroom there the toilet supposedly fails to flush and they find a gun or dope whatever- I will scream. I suppose though if a person is foolish enough to allow police into their home without a search warrant they may also be foolish enough to think the police don't already know two of the biggest places people hide things are their bathrooms and refrigerators.
  • An amazing thought to me: the shuttle broke up over Texas 16 minutes before it was scheduled to land in Florida


  • I was given a bag of fruit from Morocco for Christmas called Clementines. They are delicious, very easy to peel and I'm pretty sure have low acidity.


  • They are just little oranges.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the camera man on the episode of 24 you mentioned! how do they miss stuff like that when they're editing?

LandShark 5150 said...

Frank's mug shot -- nice choice!