Monday, January 26, 2009

Mondays Missives







  • I would dearly love to have the finances and place to build a kit car- I think It would be very satisfying and that I could pull it off well.
  • Never known anyone personally who has built one and I bet there are kits unfinished in garages all across the country that have been sitting for years and will never get finished because the guys bit off more than they could chew.
  • It's cool to see a female working on their own car and racing and stuff like that.
  • Had a friend once who totally replaced the interior of her car- by herself- when she was 8 months pregnant.
  • To me Rod Blagojevich looks and comes across as a simple minded person.
  • Frenchman in context is complimentary and seems to connote a certain amount of assumed respect even but, Chinaman is always pejorative and demeaning.
  • Notable quotable from crowd at Obama inauguration : after being asked for a memorable quote that inspired her a crowd member replied to a reporter," Oh yeah, hope and change and what was third- confusion?" And another,"I'm just so glad there is a black, African American in the White House now!"
  • When I asked my 7 year old if she knew who the president was now she said,"Of course, John McCain Luther- right?"
  • My 15 year old was playing with the 2 year old on the floor the other night and acting like the baby was torturing him by trying to kiss him all over his face (after doing same to baby) and pretending he was powerless to stop it- he then started laughing so hard he couldn't catch his breath and the baby really started licking his face and big brother really became powerless to stop it he was so breathless. That baby knew exactly what he was doing and took full advantage of the situation to terrorize his big brother!
  • I felt compelled to walk through the neighbors unfinished house the other day.

3 comments:

LandShark 5150 said...

I know what your saying. There just has to be unfinished kits out there. I want to build a rat rod and load up the grandsons head out on a coast to coast rt.66 road trip one summer.

el chupacabra said...

Ah, I can see it now brother and here's your theme:

"ROLLIN in my five point O
The top is rolled down so my hair can blow.
Girlies on stand by- waiting just to say hi.
Did you stop?
NO, I just kept on rollin in my five point o..."

Or something like that anyway.

The Accomplice said...

Your kids sound so precious. Cherish these moments. They wont last forever.