Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thursday's Thoughts

This lady was fishing early St Pat's day morning. I had never seen  her before in my life but she called out, Hey, where is your green?

Yikes!


I don't have a thing for gulls- they're pervasive, predictable and accessible and I'm trying to improve my wildlife photography skills.


  • There is a kind of famous pic that goes around of American soldiers in battle rattle looking hard with the sun setting behind them while they stand on a dirt mound in Iraq. That is another platoon of my company. They are behind the latrine and on their way to the chow hall on a base just inside of Iraq.
  • Yes, I know there are a bunch of different similar pics floating around- I have just happened to see the one of my guys in several different formats- blogs and tributes etc. multiple times. I can actually identify two of the soldiers by name.
  • We had lunch at Dos Gringos on University Saturday 03242013. The food was mediocre, the service terrible and the place was filthy.
  • I'm off today. Thank you Cesar!
  • I have never owned any type of wheeled vehicle that had whitewall tires.
  • Those Twilight movies and books are literally horrible.
  • Yes, I've tried both.
  • The lens I want for my camera costs over 6000 dollars so yeah, that will pretty much never happen. However, I am constantly saying, Man, I wish I had more lens! There are off brand lens of the power I want that run about 600-900 bucks. I know, how could something 1/10th the cost do the job even half as well and my pro photographer friend has warned me off, telling me there is no way I'd be happy with it but it is tempting. 
  • The Walking Dead is one of the best television shows ever. I suspect they won't but, I hope they don't ruin it. The third season is wrapping up. I presume they'll make 5 seasons and the fifth will literally be mind blowing. Regardless, I hope they have sense enough to quit on a high note.
  • I'm drinking coffee and watching Ridiculousness. I feel worthless. 
  • Maybe I should nap.
  • I seem to use the word literally often.

1 comment:

an Donalbane said...

I don't get the "Yikes!"