Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Til Tuesday


  • My dad once informed me we were to pick up a classmate and take her and her family with us to a school program as their car was down. That family was known for being poor and I suppose- low class. I didn't need my school social life to be any harder so I balked. He more or less said that was fine- I could walk. Also upon arrival to their home he made me go to the door to tell them we were there. I was thanked and told the car had been fixed after all and that they didn't need the ride.
  • I did not look at them, myself or my dad the same after that day.
  • Especially myself- when my classmate profusely thanked me at school the next day while more or less acknowledging she understood I would have rather taken a whippin' than be seen with her tribe.
  • One of the very few things I remember from a principles of economics class I took a long time ago is that tariffs are almost always a terrible idea and will also almost always backfire.
  • A thing I had forgotten but a blurb I read recently reminded me of is that tariffs may have precipitated the great depression- or at least did not help matters.
  • Man, my beard was getting white.
  • Yes was- I shaved it today 04/01/2018).
  • We played Uno at lunch yesterday. A good time was had by all.
  • Black Rebel Motorcycle Club Spread Your Love live.

No comments: