Monday, April 30, 2018

Monday's Missives

My guess is 100% people write Murphy when taking this street name verbally and it is presumed the person saying Morphy has a speech impediment.

  • Zac just called me to let me know that we're under severe thunderstorm warning with large damaging hail.
  • Here it comes. Wow it is black.
  • Recently I saw a police officer involved shooting video. It was interesting because the guy that got shot turned around and started running backwards toward the cop.
  • Cop friends told me years ago that this happens. People find it hard to believe but yeah- I've known about it for years.
  • The idea of making my own knife at least once in my life intrigues me.
  • Our server at Olive Garden last night was not wired to be a server.
  • She was competent but nerve wracking.
  • I have way too many movies that I will never watch again. 
  • Clara Smith It's Tight Like That.

2 comments:

an Donalbane said...

The gentrification of Fairmount seems like it would be kinda interesting to live over there. I like some of the old neighborhood nodes where they actually had small businesses there at the intersections. Seems like something that got lost in the suburbification of our culture.

Several years ago when I had a job requiring me to travel all over the metromess, I saw how developments that were begun after I graduated HS or college had run their life cycle and were boarded up or converted into secondary/tertiary - but always inferior - uses, and I reflected on what a waste it had been. A couple of nights a week I watch travel shows and find it really fascinating how many older cultures have shops/pubs/bakeries that go back generations, or even hundreds of years. I think I could really dig living in a culture that reveres its history, rather than building more Panera Bread stores (no offense, I like their food), Starbucks, Foot Locker or what-have-you.

el chupacabra said...

Yeah Fairmount is the place to be if you got the moolah.
Weird- I've had the same observation about the life cycle of various areas. Also, I have lived long enough to see specific homes go through multiple cycles of decay and renewal.