Friday, October 27, 2017

Thursday's Thoughts


  • Today at Dinosaur Valley State Park I took pictures of two different family groups for them.
  • Had a Burger King Burger today for the first time in a while. I had forgotten they put ketchup on their burgers! What kind of monster does that?
  • It was called the King Bacon Burger. It was pretty good but what was fantastic were the fries. They must have changed since I last had their fries.
  • The family we hiked with on the ranger guided at the hike in Dinosaur Valley Park were great people- they really were but they defined the expression of having no filter. 
  • This morning 09/17/2017 I got wrapped up in reading stories about Stolen Valor after seeing a headline related to a local guy. The stories that jump out at me the hardest are the guys who had great real records and felt the need to embellish. I wouldn't want to switch places but 2 frauds I read about had real service records that made mine look weak.
  • I finally visited the creation evidence museum in Glen Rose. There was some legitimately interesting exhibits but multiple items that have been debunked and/or that simply do not mean what they think it means. There was an odd lack of context and insufficient information (or none) on many exhibits.

  • Back to the Stolen Valor subject one guy said something about busting somebody for faking being a soldier. His proof? The bustee couldn't tell him his basic training unit. When I went through basic for the Texas Army National Guard at Jackson I was in B 9/2. We were called Bravo Rangers. When I went regular Army I have no idea- literally none what OSUT unit I was in for my training- I could not even pick it out from a multiple choice list.
  • Connected thought: another said he busted somebody because the guy did not remember his commanding officers name. I remember my first COs name as I was his driver. I have no recall of my commanding officer's name during the war. Although sadly and maybe to my discredit- I do remember his derogatory nickname.
  • I need to find out his name- it is just not right to be able to truthfully say that last sentence.




No comments: