Friday, October 27, 2017

Friday's Dispatch

This was a balloon snowman that was made nearly a year ago last winter in an IHOP.

  • Sometimes after the work day I want to go home and stress-sleep to get the night over with so I can start the next day and just... get that days beating over with.
  • I would like to get at least a hundred and seventy thousand miles out of my present truck and it would not break my heart to go 200,000.
  • If I get 170K good miles out of it I will preemptively put a new transmission in it and rebuild the front end and then squeeze every mile I can out of it.
  • About 289000 miles is still my personal world's record for all time best miles on a vehicle.
  • That was a great car. It was a 1993? Suburban. Aside from being possibly slightly tired; it ran basically as good the day I sold it as the day I bought it.
  • The silver medal went to my Camaro which I think I got 270 something? thousand miles out of it.
  • It was knocking and smoking a little bit by then though. One of my ex wives was driving it by then. She called and told me that the engine started knocking on the way home. I asked her what she did for it. She replied, Well first thing I did was turn the stereo up. There was not hardly a drop of oil in it but yeah it would still run.
    Laundry detergent bottles seem oddly way over built for their purpose.
  • It is definitely on my list to do some camping this fall.
  • My phones voice recognition has started working like a champ. It is eerie.
  • It has me all figured out. This I think is literally true as in- I just had to choose from the proferred alternatives when it just wasn't getting me the first say, 3 to 4 times. Then it started working like a champ.
  • It is August 23rd 2017 and so far- so bad for President Trumps presidency.
  • If I were a national level Republican politician if not terrified- I would be very aware of how quiet President Obama has been.

2 comments:

Mike M. said...

I've got 231,500 so far on my 2002 SLK. Runs like a champ!

el chupacabra said...

Dang man- that is great. You made me think of a bunch of car stories!