Friday, June 2, 2017

Friday's Digressions

I have OMDD- old man drawer disease 

  • The Greenville car dealership shootout was crazy! All 3 actors dead?! That doesn't happen. It makes me wonder about pass-throughs. That is what in the old West days they would have called going out in a blaze of glory. 
  • Well Bon Jovi said it - but you know what I mean.



  • Has a road rage incident ever resulted in a person killing an unrecognized  family member in another vehicle?
  • Traffic is going to continue to get worse in and around Fort Worth and Dallas as the years go by.
  • If it is raining when I leave work I go kill time in my restaurant. I don't bother to leave for an hour or more. My theory has faults but there is essentially a 150% chance there will be wreck on the  stretch of road I take home. If I am not on the road- I'm safe.
  • My restaurant? That looks stupid.
  • They tore down my old chicken place. It was just in a dump of a convenient store but holy smokes- they made great chicken!
    Ugliest. Color. Ever.

2 comments:

an Donalbane said...

No doubt you are correct about the traffic.

Back in about 1984, I could drive from the nearby burg (where I lived then) to where I worked at 7:00 a.m. and on the main two-lane stretch, not pass another car for 2-3 miles.

Today, it is 6-lanes, and at the same hour of the morning there are probably 1000-1500 cars passing that stretch.

That color would only look right on an AMC.

el chupacabra said...

Hey Don- Traffic issue: after a 10 year absence I went back to the same job although the physical space moved 2- 3 blocks away from where I lived previously. In the interim I had moved 2-3 blocks further away. Traffic is so much worse now, my drive time has doubled- in spite of the fact I leave an hour earlier than I did in the past.
PS: People drive INSANE.