- "That's huge, and no one's talking about it. (To be fair, it's hard scaring people about Zika for ratings if you just told them even the worst diseases are conquerable.)" From a Cracked article about Sri Lanka being declared malaria free. The point was- this is a big deal and you should have read about it somewhere besides there ( or by extension, here I suppose). You could also ask, What if there was a minor uptick in drug resistant malaria in Sri Lanka? Well- you would not reading about it here or on Cracked- the headlines of every news browser would be screaming about it.
- The Police song Every Breath You Take has been playing in a loop for hours in my brain.
Soy sauce- because adding a sprinkle of salt to your egg roll would be... weird?
- A server at one of my Asian places just graduated culinary school. I remember when she first came to 'Merica a few years ago. I tip her more than I should- because I should.
- I keep a couple of bottles of DEET containing bug repellent at home and even one in the truck but never seem to have it when I really need it.
- You cannot look for a repellent without finding one touted as a safer alternative to DEET. There is no alternative to it safer or otherwise. It is highly effective and safe.
- There is nothing wrong with DEET. We should be using more- not less.
Especially me apparently Omigosh. I'm gonna get the Zika for realz.
- Weird: people who are only alive because of vaccines, pasteurization and antibiotics are opposed to vaccines, pasteurization and antibiotics...
- Humans are so weird.
- I am glad I am from Mars.