Monday, May 22, 2017

Monday's Missives


  • A nursing buddy at work frequently borrows small amounts of money from myself and others. She always repays promptly on the next payday (I will sometimes forget she owes me until she comes around and puts a 20 bill in my hand) causing me to wonder- if she can always repay and do so on time why does she have to do it all? What I mean is she is not trying to meet an emergency need and she makes the same amount as the rest of us- how can she both come up short every week but make up for it every payday?
  • Donald Trumps may be his own worst enemy and nothing (to me at least) demonstrates that fact like the insults he has shot out at Arnold Schwarzennegger's hosting of Celebrity Apprentice and Alec Baldwin's impersonation of him on SNL.
  • Regardless- he needs to accept he won and act like it.
  • Connected thought- there are multiple people whose blogs and articles I read who when President Obama won would say,"You lost. Get over it!" They look at it totally different though now that they are on the losing side.
  • I guess they are just butt-hurt but it seems a bit disingenuous.
  • I wonder if I spelled Arnold's last name and disingenuous up there correctly the first time. Also Celebrity Apprentice, that is the name of the show-right?
  • The other day I scrubbed a curb with the wheel of my truck causing a scuff on the chrome. I literally hate that and am still ticked at myself for being so stupid.
  • It would be nice to have a dog.
  • A neighbor has again put up a, "Its a boy!" sign on their door. She has not been pregnant and I have never seen a baby with them.

1 comment:

an Donalbane said...

A man should have a dog, if practicable, preferably a medium to large breed.

I saw a guy today with a purse-style dog, dressed up in a tutu or somesuch. I was gonna pop off and make some kinda comment about animal cruelty, or humiliating the poor critter, but the dude looked like he had more than a passing familiarity with steroids, so for once I kept quiet. It was a weird mismatch.

I've said it many times before, no dude should, of his own volition, own a cat. He may tolerate the presence of such species in the furtherance of a greater - or even baser - goal, but absent such motivation, it would be prima facie evidence of gayitude.