Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Wednesday's Digressions



  • I know a girl who after making payments on her expensive model Harley for only a few months went to the bank to borrow money for one for her husband. The loan officer said, Yes, I don't think we'll have a problem here. Your employment history is good. Your debt ratio is excellent. Your income is excellent. Oh, and I see you just paid off the loan on another Harley. Have you received the title yet?
  • She said, Huh? Oh yeah that loan. Yeah, that loan I  paid off... No, I haven't received the title. Dutifully, the bank sent her the title a few weeks later.
  • Were it me they would have made a series of mistakes that would somehow had me paying double for the bike and getting the title would have been a fiasco once I did actually pay it off.
  • From time to time you'll see a comment or an article that suggests you would have more empathy for a restaurant server if you had ever been one. It doesn't seem to work that way in practice though- it seems an ex server is nearly inevitably obnoxious about the service they receive.
  • You couldn't force me at gunpoint into a school nurse job.
  • Roughing It, a book about Mark Twain's trip West across America by stagecoach has just been released- 100+ years after he wrote it. So far so good.
  • I am actively engaged in the pursuit of finding a motorcycle to buy.
  • A teacher has recently been fired after supposedly making a racial slur about the President after a black student said he wanted to be the second black President. Not. A. Chance. I would literally have to see a video to believe it. People will hear what they want to hear and believe what they want to believe.
  • Why would the kid lie? People lie, fame, infamy, scholarships, vengeance, relevance... 
  • I just saw a headline, Measles case surging across the US. Five words: Foreign Born People Jenny McCarthy.

No comments: