Monday, August 4, 2014

Monday's Missives


Ugly beast.
  • The new truck is great- so far so good. It only has 60,000 miles on it. The guy I bought it from said he was having a little trouble selling it as nobody could believe the miles for the age of the truck. I sense everything is legit. He was the original owner. He bought it at the end of a lease period as his wife liked it. It was her (very short) commuter wagon and grocery getter. It wants some new shocks and one tire and that is it. I want HID/LED lights, a bed cover and a new sound system for it.  I'll install the system myself. Kicker and Alpine come to mind as brand names as I sit here rocking back and forth wanting.
  • A WWE type wrassler has come out. Nobody cares dude- everybody just thinks they're supposed to act like they do.
  • The attitude it sometimes creates as the above illustrates is the only downside to not seeing race or sexual orientation when I deal with my fellow man.
    FG got a little weirded out when I cleaned her hairbrush out. She settled right down and got in the spirit and thought it not weird at all when I told her I did it to fashion a doll in her image to hang from my rear view mirror.

    Zac and FG played dress up- good grief.

    I fixed FGs necklace.

    Together at last- it works while making your skin soft and smell pretty.
  • People distanced themselves from Mark Cuban a bit when he said something about crossing to the other side of the street when he sees certain people. The funny thing about that? The groups of people he mentioned dress and look the way they do specifically to appear intimidating, hard, thuggish and/or menacing.
  • ISIS the terror group in Iraq are monsters but they certainly have a cool sounding acronym for a name. They jacked 450 million dollars from a bank in Iraq. You can bet they have plenty of plug and play options on hand to deal with the US if we get involved. It doesn't mean that should stop us if we decide to act, we just better be as smart as they are and be willing to make sacrifices. You can also bet they have some good surface to air missiles (SAMs) supplied by Iran and plans in place for captured aviators. They will also make it nearly impossible to kill the ISIS fighters without killing lots of civilians.
    What?! Me ugly?
  • I have determined to limit myself to 3 cups of coffee per day. Although today (06/14/2014) is only day one- I haven't died yet.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I guess it is surprising that a guy who makes money getting hot and oiled up and sweaty and rolling around on the floor with other men might be gay.

Still, I'll be glad when this sort of thing doesn't even make the news anymore.

The parade of coming-outs has become sort of a cliche, regardless of what field the people are from...