Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Wednesday's Digressions

My note to the the car wash wash guy that I dropped with 3 quarters into the night deposit box. I Normally write very precisely. I was writing this quickly and unsupported.

Most of the paint has been cleared from this sign. It was vandalized almost as soon as it was erected.  Ha, he said,erected.


I found this in the trash when I went to toss some fast food garbage at the lake- winning.

What is this? I think it is an old type of water storage and pressure increasing structure but I'm not sure.









When you cut a trim limb away from the trunk like this you practically guarantee it will get waterlogged and develop disease over time.


The morons who did this absolutely had to know people swim there.


Just the sky- kind of cool, huh?


You can say that again vandal.




  • Dark Was The Night by Blind Willie Johnson was chosen as one of the recordings on Voyager's Golden Record. Willie was not born blind. He was blinded by a step mother who threw lye into his eyes when he was 7 after his father beat her for being with another man. Willie died in Beumont Texas sleeping in his house that had burned down since he had no where else to go. Depending on the source, you can read he was refused admittance to the hospital since he was black, had syphillis, had malaria, was indigent or because he was blind. He died in 1945. A man who had no where else to go whose music will live on forever on a gold plated copper disc that will eternally travel away from earth. It will reach our nearest star in about 40,000 years. Bonus: Nobodies Fault but Mine recorded in Dallas in 1927.
  • Bonus to the bonus: Led Zeppelin Nobodies Fault But Mine. Yes, they got a legendary favorite for millions of Led Zep fans from a poor, blind black man who died penniless in a burned out house in Beumont Texas.
  • Kids are crazy expensive these days.
  • It seems hard to me to drink sodas with any temperance- I normally have to be a hardcore fiend and can only rarely and for short periods of time be in the habit of having one every now and then.
  • The practice of actually staking an accused or supposed witch to the ground in the their graves gave rise to the legend that one of the things that will kill a vampire is a stake driven through the heart.
  • When I learn the correct pronunciation of a word it is very hard for me to ignore it and continue to say it incorrectly. Consequently, I am one of 3 people I know who pronounce syringe correctly.
  • I don't think there are enough movies where Eddie Murphy plays multiple characters.

No comments: