Friday, February 22, 2013

Friday's Dispatch

Eew

Does this look infected to you? The skin over my first knuckle is red, warm and hurts.






I found this in my glove box. It is at least 2 years old and hard as a rock.


  • Takabisha roller coater in Japan. The big drop is 140 ft and 121 degrees. 121 degrees- is that even possible?  Regardless, it looks like the devil.
  • Today (0218/2013) Zac and I built a pirate ship kit from Lowes and I got a new watch- what a day. Except for the wind- yikes it was windy. We didn't stay out any longer than we had to and came in and lazed around and watched nature shows. That kid loves Bear Grylls. I spend the whole time watching his show trying not roll my eyes and sigh too much and then being sad for the animals he wastes by killing them.
  • We head out for KCMO this weekend. I intend to nap after work Thursday and leave about midnight. I say intend because you know as well as I'll sleepily say, Lets just leave first thing in the morning- pwease, I seepy boy.
  • We're going to Merrimac Caverns, KCMO Zoo and the aquarium and visit Stell KS where one of the the world's two portals to Hell are (the other is in India). There is evidently a haunted cemetery there as well.
  • It has been nice knowing you.
  • 02222013 edit: The Midwest is a disaster zone- we're heading south to Pedernales State Park and then to multiple attractions within about a 100 mile radius. Travis' letter from the Alamo is back there for the first time since 1836 and will be on display for 13 days. Confidence is fairly high we'll make it there. We're kinda wingin' it- I just chunked everything out on the dining room table and friend-girl is packing and sorting. 
  • Dream with the feathers of angels stuffed beneath your head... Come with me and walk the longest mile... Here is what I'm listening to 
  • The road calls. Later world- I love you in spite of yourself.

1 comment:

Opus #6 said...

Hope you have a great weekend camping.

Do you think that Hummer is owned by a Mary Kay lady?