Monday, February 11, 2013

Monday's Missives

From a search for Little Brother




  • Til Tuesday- Voices Carry.
  • When that song came out I was in Germany and you could hear hear stuff like that every night in the discos. At the Bunny Club in Bad Hersfeld Hesse Germany my buddy put on a sex show for the scout platoon with one of the dancers on the stage. The next time I saw him he was a truck driver in Texas. He had his wife with him. We sat in the parking lot of the McDonald's in his tractor cab for a long time and visited. It was very nearly surreal.
  • A funny thing about those times- I recall his full name occasionally- very rarely actually when he crosses my mind, but generally remember only his first name; Mike. I would love to see him again.
  • Horsefly is offered as a substitute for Hersfeld.
  • One of the things that I think about and then say but you never thought about until I said it but when you heard it, you knew it was true: Few things on humans are nastier looking than an unkempt,  poorly trimmed beard but hyper groomed beards are freaky looking.
  • Unkempt? That looks weird and does not sound like it is spelled.
  • 02/07/2013  We are going to Eisenhower state park weekend after next. I'm pretty sure we will rent a boat. If not cheap- since it is the off season, it will be as inexpensive as it will ever get. Zac can steer a boat very well and absolutely gets that the boat is doing what he says to do. I need to break out the GPS and get my head wrapped around that thing again. Same-same for the compass and as a matter of fact, I'm ordering some for my nephews, myself and Zac soon.
  • When I stay at friend-girls house her cat sleeps on the back of the couch above my head. One night I dreamed I was screaming at it while pointing my finger in it's face. When I awoke my mouth was moving as if I was screaming but nothing was coming out and I had my index finger jabbed in it's side pushing for all I was worth. I swear it's look said, What did I do to you, freak?
  • At work during lunch recently Little Brother program blocked access to three of the most tame blogs we visit. One was for adult content, another for gambling and the third for tasteless content.

1 comment:

Cattastroficka said...

Well, thank God you won't be able to see my tasteless content. I have a feeling you'd barf. LOL
I love your blog!
Lori