Monday, February 25, 2013

Monday's Missives


Team America is gonna wipe those smug grins off those ugly mugs- you just wait. USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

Battlefield pickup 1911 from Corregidor. Note the hammer is in the cocked position.

The requisite sunburst through the antiaircraft  sight picture.

Aussie tank from WWII. The hull gunner was killed by the explosion evidenced by that gaping hole.

Hatch from the Arizona. The hole above the door was cut to look for survivors.

Vest worn by USO girl during WWII. It was signed by service members and adorned with ranks and unit crests etc. Pedolph!?

During the Nimitz museum tour- my guess is he wasn't kidding.





Hey guys- whats up? My owner is a total tool for letting me run loose without a leash but we're cool- right?

No? Ok, you're sucky humans. I didn't want to play with you anyway.

I'm huge on Enchanted Rock.

Hawk eviscerating a pigeon behind the house. What a weird privilege it was to see him work. I missed him bringing it down though- that would have been cool.

Satanic squirrel near Pedernales Falls.

Lightening rod on LBJ's boyhood home.

Kev napping on Enchanted Rock waiting for sunset. 


From the trail near P Falls

In olden times in Texas primitive man would paint porch ceilings blue so mud daubers would think it was the sky and wouldn't build nests.

Back to the sunset on Enchanted Rock.

I digress- a weird sculpture on Sculpture Ranch.

He was with a group from Austin. Don't ask me why I know they were from Austin but I assure you, I'm right.

After I snapped this the sun disappeared. One second it was there, the next it was gone- just like us.


  • Air supply- Making Love Out Of Nothing At All. The song is about the singers wife who happens to play the girl in the video.
  • An odd thing I remember about others memories of seeing ELO live- I've heard their concerts were not only one of the best live shows you'd ever see, but the loudest.
  • No one believed me when just over 5 years ago I told them Zachary's mom was pregnant. It was like they were waiting for the punchline...
  • Life is carazy isn't it?
  • If I can't grill the best burger in the world, I promise you I can cook you among the very best you've ever eaten in your life.
  • Among the ingredients: fresh 1015 onion, fresh coarse ground black pepper, chili powder and Worcestershire Sauce.
  • Teamwork- It Keeps Our Employees Gruntled. A motto from from a fake commercial for a fake company the characters in Better Off Ted work at.  Better Off Ted was a good show whose very goodness and/or the fact I liked it insured its early demise.
  • Fredericksburg has exploded. I do remember reading multiple articles years ago about the surrounding area becoming The Texas Wine Country but wow- there were tour buses everywhere, new hotels every 50 feet and tourists walking nose to tail on Main. Soon, if it isn't true already the articles will be about the water crisis created by the population boon and watering all those grapes and making all that wine.
  • Site # 16 at Pedernales State Park is very pretty. It was the last non occupied site and in fact somebody had it reserved. Thankfully, the girl behind the counter had the hots for me.
  • Everybody should watch the sunset from Enchanted Rock at least once in their life.

2 comments:

RPM said...

I'm wondering if Pedolph is phonetic for "Pee'd off" as in I'm pissed off?

an Donalbane said...

Battlefield pickup 1911 from Corregidor.

I guess that one's a little too late for Hoppe's #9...