Friday, February 8, 2013

Friday's Dispatch

Paluxy River

The water is so clear- this red eared slider is probably under 3-4 feet of it.




Give this raccoon track eleventy gazillion years and people will pay to  see it. What a bargain, you're getting in on the ground floor- for free.


  • When The Levee Breaks by Zeparrella. It's better than the original.
  • Just had an odd flashback to a dance at a barn near Flugerville when I was a young lad. These days we find out about things through the Internet- back then how did we find out about some dance in the middle of nowhere in a barn hundreds of miles from home?
  • Homeless patients often give a fake name or nic name. Some recent winners in the fake category are, Fred Saywhat, John Grisham and the always cute Fay King- Faking- get it?
  • Turner Falls is famous for it's spring fed swimming holes. You would be hard pressed to find anybody who spends more time there than I but I can't recall the last time I went swimming there.
  • The weekend (02/02/2013) we are camping at Dinosaur Valley SP. A rite of passage in North Texas is to photograph your young-uns in the fossilized dino track prints.
  • I almost said foot prints. I knew that wasn't right but track prints sounds odd to me also.
  • Last Email I received: "I just finished with my pedicure. Now my feet look almost as good as yours!"
  • I've watched a few episodes of Finding Bigfoot- enough to become a true unbeliever.
  • My new watch is awesome. 
  • Cops are among my unfavorite of people types. They are always very rigid black/white thinkers who cannot stand to have their thinking challenged in any way and as a consequence tend to very boring if nothing else.
  • This laptop is eat up with ad/spyware- ridiculous. I literally could not see the beginning of the preceding sentence.

4 comments:

an Donalbane said...

Daughter needs to catch another red eared slider for the backyard pond - the last one escaped. The goldfishes and perches are getting ginormous.

My inner 12 year old looks at the dinosaur and thinks "wouldn't it be funny to put some of those, uh, blue plastic/rubber things you sometimes see hanging from the back bumper of pickup trucks under that dino?"

Moral: You can take the dude out of middle school, graduate him from prep school, matriculate him from college and make him get a job - but you can't make him grow up.

an Donalbane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
el chupacabra said...

Hey Don- A RES can definitely help you with that goldfish problem!
Dude don't tempt me- I mean really I stay in enough trouble as it is...

el chupacabra said...

Hey Don- A RES can definitely help you with that goldfish problem!
Dude don't tempt me- I mean really I stay in enough trouble as it is...