Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Wednesdays Digressions






  • Headline from my news browser: Panda in China Zoo bites student who wanted a hug. Some things just make you go $%^&*#@ ! I wonder what part of that person did not understand the word Bear? And why would it ever occur to anyone to want to hug a wild animal of any type?




  • I don't know which is scarier- the fact that the movie Kung Fu Panda probably had something to do with another humans perception of a large, powerful, fanged animal or the fact we can be so predictably stupid I can can sit here rocking back and forth and give myself a 90 % of being correct with such a goofy, off the cuff prediction.



  • Just saw a blurb about Americas Most Wanted is responsible for the capture of 1000+ fugitives.



  • The first show they did profiled a guy who owned the pizza place near where I went to college (Johns Pizza?). Immediately after the show a girl I knew went into the place and saw the guy and said,"Wow, this is weird, what a coincidence - I just watched this show called Americas Most Wanted and they did a story about a guy who had tattoos just like yours." He got a scared look on his face and ducked out the back. His body was found the next day, he had killed himself in a state park nearby.



  • He made a good pizza.



  • My spellchecker hi lights Kung Fu.


  • A low power TV station in Cincinnati has changed its call letters to WKRP to promote its change to digital format due to widespread recognition of the old show. I would have assumed someone would have picked that up a long time ago. Everyone in their market and anyone who visits will check it out- pretty smart. I'll assume they get the joke to acronym of the last 3 letters.

  • Hulu.com has WKRP in Cincinnati episodes.

No comments: