Monday, December 22, 2008

Mondays Missives




  • I love the new single serve Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. Yes I said love- I would marry them if it were legal. My next thought was going to be I would eat them every day if that wouldn't be bad for me then I realized nothing that good can be bad.


  • The only reason I ever tried the show Arrested Development was hearing so many comics and other sitcoms reference it by comparing people to the show- "Don't worry you'll find someone, you're just like Arrested Development- you take off kind of slow and a little hard to know how to take at first but, after people get to know you you're really smart and funny..."


  • Just noticed mac and cheese shows up as a stored label in my tag bar, I must have talked about it before.


  • I told you I love the stuff.
  • I had a girlfriend once who was strikingly pretty with a little makeup on but, nearly gruesome looking without.
  • I had another girlfriend who was also very pretty as long she went without makeup but, if she got painted up a bit- yikes.


  • Another celebrity it kind of bothers me to think of: Steve Irwin, man that was sad. The only time rays attack is when something comes over it (it stays low mostly so any threat will be from above) he had to know better. Or was the problem he should have known better?


  • A cute flashback I had today: one of my nephews mom had to look for something in his backpack one day and when she picked it up cash came cascading out of it- it looked like he had robbed a bank (as I recall there was 88 dollars in this 3-4th graders backpack). She asked where it came from, "My lunch money." came the sullen answer. "What have you been doing for lunch?" came the angry reply. "Eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and drinking a milk with the poor kids." he answered.


  • I really bothers me when characters in movies act out of character for the real people they are portraying especially in forums I'm familiar with- having a soldier do something a soldier would never do or a medical person mispronounce something.


  • I know of 2 different cases where the subject of a medically oriented tv show was used by hospital staff to treat patients they were having trouble diagnosing because the physician happened to watch a certain episode.

  • I used to work with a girl about 10 years ago who ate pizza every night for dinner. It may sound mean but, I've often wondered what she looks like these days.

  • A couple of the jobs I've had in my life I couldn't believe I got paid to do them. Everyone should be that lucky at least once.


  • I'm having trouble nailing down exactly what constitutes a wasted or a successful life.


2 comments:

The Accomplice said...

Your nephew must go to Bridgeport. LOL. I hear that they give out sandwiches to the kids that can't afford lunch.

el chupacabra said...

Ha, good one Accomplice- dead to rights.