Friday, December 5, 2008

Fridays Digressions







  • While placing my empty printer cartridge in the recycling envelope I noticed instruction #1) Place 1 or 2 empty HP inkjet cartridge(s) in this envelope without additional packaging, materials or notes.



  • It's annoying sometimes to live in a world that requires that kind of instruction.


  • Nearly everytime I go to into my children's bath after my son showers for school there's an empty Dr Pepper can on the side of the tub. Part of me says I raised him right something else tells me I've failed him.


  • He'll be ok.


  • I swear, the spaces between these thoughts comes randomly sometimes and if I go back and try to edit, it won't take and goes right back like it was when I publish.


  • The Christmas tree is up and for I guess the 35th time (or whenever I saw it last) seeing it reminded me of the silver tinsel tree we had as a child that had a multi colored wheel that faced it and spun around by an electric motor casting red, blue orange and green? colors over that tacky tree. I can still hear it humming if I close my eyes.


  • It malfunctioned and caught on fire once, no one was home- it's a wonder it didn't burn that old house down.


  • Mom loved Christmas, I'd give anything if she had one more with us.


  • When we were little some Christmas' dad would take us out to see the Kings family lights on Christmas eve while mom would stay at home and pretend she was going to bed to be ready for the big day. She would put all our presents out- some of which were stored at neighbors. We'd come home and the bottom of the tree would be overflowing. We still have a picture of my sister running for her presents- she is just a blur.


  • The best part of the Kings lights was Santa fishing from a boat in the lake.

1 comment:

LandShark 5150 said...

My grandma had an aluminum tree like that back in the 60's. I still hear that motor spin. Thanks for the memory!