Friday, December 12, 2008

Fridays Dispatch



  • Been staying in motels often lately and have been spending way too much time watching television- some thoughts: there has been an explosion of "Judge ______" shows since I've last watched tv, I landed on one, changed the channel in disgust landing on another- this happened 4 times including a Spanish language show. Good grief.

  • Still love Jerry Springer, mostly because he's honest about his scumbagality.

  • Maury Povich had an episode titled DNA tests prove who the baby daddy is (or something similar)- the same basic concept as the first I watched years ago and also a couple of weeks ago.
  • There's a show Prison Break where the plot is basically: a young man convinced of his brothers innocence of a crime he was imprisoned for sets about freeing him by getting himself jailed so they can break out- it's entering its fourth season. With friends and family like that...

  • The Cash Cab out of New York City show on The Discovery Channel is pretty cool. I watched two full episodes, I only missed two questions and one Video Challenge.

  • There is a whole lot of air time wasted on ridiculous shows purporting to be scientifically oriented where they look for ghosts and also communicate with the dead. Ridiculous.

  • Every movie on Lifetime still seems to end with some poor goob being sewed into the sheets, soaked with the gasoline then a match cascading toward the bed...

  • If it says Stormchaser somewhere in the title- I'm down.

  • I've known people personally from episodes of Cops (good guys and bad)

  • Channel 13 should still be PBS wherever I am.

  • Don't know why it meant so much but, it was interesting to watch WGBH actually in Boston when I was there a few years ago.

  • I love 30 Rock.

  • I don't do anything to try to keep up with celebrity gossip, don't care when they die and don't really have any favorite celebrities even but, every time I see or hear anything about Heath Ledger I stop dead in my tracks and feel sad, don't know why- there are plenty of died way too young people to go around in Hollywood.

  • People will believe anything if its presented well enough and in a British accent.
  • Kathy Lee Gifford looks different- older or surgically altered? Her guest the other day rolled her eyes at her.

  • One of the few times I was physically ill from watching a tv show was an episode of Cops where the police dressed up as street dealers and sold pot to people in 5-10 dollar amounts and had the nerve (ignorance?) to talk about how it would keep the streets safer.
  • There is a show called The Steve Wilkos Show. Every time I accidentally tune into it there's some big bald headed guy snarling at someone dead in their face, "You make me sick, I hope you burn in hell! Stand up, you don't deserve to sit on my show!" He then yanks the chair away and throws it across the stage- every time.
  • The murderer of John Walshes son has been found I saw on the news. Supposedly Ottis Toole confessed and had info. only the murderer could know. Toole was Henry Lee Lucas' boyfriend.
  • On one station I saw an ad for their lineup I forget the time period - there were four back to back different Judge _____ shows

  • I Asked a taxi driver in Fort Worth if he'd heard of Cash Cab and then joked saying he should start a Texas version, he said it would never work,"Think about it this way, New York is the Big Apple- Fort Worth is Cowtown. We laughed.

  • It made more sense in person, I guess you had to be there.

No comments: