Monday, December 29, 2008

Mondays Missives




  • It's cool to see comments here.


  • Thought today again about the fact I have no favorite color. In the past it's made me feel so weird I've tried to adopt one and claim it when asked- then I feel like a low down liar. I'm the only person I know who has no favorite color.


  • When I was kid we were so poor- how poor were we you ask? My favorite toy was a Ziploc bag of dirt.


  • I wish I were kidding.


  • I was reminded of a funny story last night about the time I was in the hospital. A homosexual patient care technician molested me by rubbing my genitals when he helped put those anti clot trousers on my legs when I came out of recovery from surgery.


  • No, I know that's really not funny but, I learned a lot from that experience and peoples reaction to my telling of it. I was as close to death as a person could be so in the scale of things as wrong as it may have been it was hard to get too worked up over it at the time.


  • I went to college with 2 sets of twins one stands out in my mind because one of them was a total plate head of a power lifter the other a total biology club geek. They must have both worked since birth to be so totally different. Oddly, I was friends with both and worked out with the jock. The other set was known for going to class for the other and dressing as the other and going out with each others new girlfriends.


  • Something tells me in the real world that one isn't as cute as they can make it in romantic comedies and is in fact probably pretty creepy.

  • Received an email: Doont be aganist gelatnig pleasure use Viagr Proo!

  • I don't know why anyone would be reluctant to supply credit card information and receive medical advice from such an obviously reputable source.
  • I saw a girl the other day who I used to work with I had not seen in years. She asked who I was to make sure then reminded me of who she was. I never would have recognized her, she was very hard looking and must have gained 200 pounds since I last saw her whereas the last time we were around each she was actually a young looking for her age cutey, very pretty, bright and a lot of fun. When she told me who she was I looked her up and down and said, "Really?" in a surprised tone with at least a shocked if not disgusted look on my face.
  • I call that little trick How to destroy another human being in 30 seconds or less.
  • I feel horrible about that incident, it was like a train or car wreck you have no control over and so your shocked, fumbled response shouldn't be held against you- right?
  • When I was stationed in Germany an older lady cornered me and started saying things like ,"Oh, you are so young looking and so pretty- not like the other soldiers. I feel so sorry for your mother. Where is your mother? My heart aches for her, come let me hug you and you must take my picture so you will remember."
  • I was out of film but, I acted like I snapped a pic or two and had a friend do the same with both she and I in the frame.
  • Lake Titicaca not only is it the highest navigable lake in the world-it's also the most fun place name to say!

1 comment:

YM said...

I think I told you my daughter is a nurse. I was telling her I read your blog posts about working in hospise care. She asked if you had an email address where she could write and ask you about hospise. She's interested but would like to talk to someone who does it. As you don't have an email address on your profile, I have gone back into your archives to write this where not many will see it because I am going to post her email address in case you wouldn't mind emailing her. Her name is Becky. birsik@hotmail.com Thanks!