Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Wednesday Digressions




  • I've mentioned it before I know but, I really love coats and like having nice, interesting ones. It probably has to do with the goofy looking ones I had to wear as a kid that were often worn out hand me downs. Although I can really dress well I don't own all that many clothes but, I bet I own 10 coats/jackets.


  • One time I really found out the difference dressing well makes in how people treat you was a Saturday I went with my children to get our picture made. While dressed for the picture one of the stops we made was at a grocery store. From the moment we got out of the car and a manager sent a kid to look for one of the play-car type buggies for the baby to the deli worker who stopped and gave us samples of cheese slices we were treated well because we looked like we deserved it I guess.

  • I personally know someone who robbed a train at gunpoint. He made off with a worthless bag of mail and was promptly arrested and spent if I remember correctly 15 years in prison owing to the federal nature of the crime. I bought the first truck I ever owned from that man, a 1951 Chevrolet.

  • Some people I know recently went to Jamaica where they were robbed and he was actually stabbed several times. The local police refused to even take a report and told them they must have ventured where they were told to not go and when they returned to the cruise ship and reported what happened and sought treatment they were placed under quarantine for 48 hours for a suspected virus and told if they violated it they would be put off at the next port.

  • It would be interesting once to try making something out of ceramic (whatever that is called).

  • Outside by Staind and Ugly by The Exies are two of my favorite songs. Look them up on the youtubes if your not familiar and you'll have two new songs to appreciate and think you know all kinds of things about my psychology.

  • If you were my girlfriend I might sing It's Been Awhile by Staind to you.

  • When I was in college I received the first A my professor ever gave in her class after teaching for over 20 years.

  • I know way, way too many people who've killed themselves. One sticks out in particular because I knew it was going to happen but, couldn't stop it. She went to her family who I knew and went around visiting everybody after being absent from their lives for years. She had also been known for being so severely depressed she couldn't even take care of herself and had let herself go in those years. When she came around the people who told me about her visit said ,"She was wearing some makeup... was bubbly... she said she was sorry for this and that... wouldn't stop talking..." When I asked, they could not recount her saying anything about plans for her future. I told them if they cared about her they better get in touch with her that I didn't like what I was hearing. I was told I was crazy.

  • She shot herself in the head in a motel 2 days later.

  • That first bullet point was written about 9 this morning it's nearly 8 in the evening now as I write these last few- kind of a dark turn huh?


2 comments:

The Accomplice said...

I've been to Jamaica once and will never go again. Those Jamaicans attempted to lure a few of my friends aways from the group. I assume to rob them. We went through Carnival. Trust me, Don't go to Jamaica ever.

el chupacabra said...

I believe you- will get more info. after holidays and post here.