Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wednesdays Digressions

Should have had his brakes checked!

  • Maybe good nicknames for McCain and Palin to play up antagonistically to Obama would be Change and Hope.

  • I just burned the end of my tongue with coffee. I hate it when that happens. Also, the other day I was stepping over the dog and he raised his head suddenly and the inside of my ankle hit his head man, that hurt, he has a hard head. That's two things to add to my list of serious personal injuries.

  • My spellcheck hi lights Obama but, not McCain

  • I start the part time job today doing vaccinations at two different schools, I'm looking forward to it. It wouldn't pay for me to work in the office full time though- they still had a huge stack of Full Throttle energy drinks, I'm still gritting my teeth from the ones I drank when I went in to get supplies Tuesday morning.

  • The bailout failed in committee- good. Bad legislation was part of the cause, so bad legislation could not possibly fix the problem. I'll sound like a right wing nut job and say, I find it very discouraging that you have to look long and hard to find an article even hinting the crisis was caused by Democratic legislation that was pushed by Bill Clinton and that Republicans have been calling for at least 4 years for increased oversight but, were shot down by Democrats who were getting rich off the system and were essentially buying votes at our cost since it was their constituents (sub prime borrowers) who were benefiting? from the relaxed qualifying. It's very sad and should be regardless of your party preference.

  • I hope I don't sound angry, that's not my intention and not the bulk of my feelings but: Bridges are falling into rivers and we're talking about going back to the moon. People who are responsible for the mortgage crisis got filthy rich and people are afraid to point fingers and the ones who tried to do something about the mess are getting blamed by everyone from "Main Street to Wall Street" and every media outlet in between. Cities have been having massive blackouts and entire regions running out of water in the past year but, we can't drill new oil wells or expand wind power because it might bother someones version of how nature works and we are talking about manned exploration of Mars? It is discouraging. It is saddening.
  • I was looking for something relevant to my ramblings here but, came across this and I grinned a little so thought it might be more better.

No comments: