Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wednesday Digressions




  • I worked at a clinic once that the physician was a D.O., a lady came in who was Asian and her last name was Do- she marvelled that a white guy could have the same surname as she and puzzled over that, as much as anything when she came out of his office for nurse education after being told she had tuberculosis.

  • Hospice nursing per encounter seems like either the most rewarding or most disappointing nursing possible. So far most cases have been very rewarding.

  • Some hospice nurses will not venture into the care of children and their offices know not to offer those assignments. I'll give it my best when offered but, seriously wonder if it will be regretted.

  • My overall philosophy is, They will be in the same shape regardless of whether I'm there or not and maybe I can do some good. If I'm not there to try neither of us will know the good I could have done.

  • I used the word arcane for the first time in a written sentence the other day.

  • Wasn't it strange after Governor Palin was announced as VP candidate for the GOP to hear so many people misusing the word vetted? They reminded me of the character Inigo Montoya from The Princess Bride when he said,"I do not think that word means what you think it means." After he and the the giants boss continually says ,"Inconceivable!"
  • Now, there's an arcane reference (that may not mean what I think it means).

  • I saw a bumper sticker this morning that said, Sarah Palin For Vice President.
  • I just told my youngest daughter,"I'm tired of sounding like a broken record- go to bed!" and then immediately realized- today that expression is meaningless.

No comments: