Friday, October 3, 2008

Fridays Dispatch



  • May have to eat these words but," Based on the fact headers on my news browsers are grudgingly giving the nod to Governor Palin over Biden- she must have destroyed him in their debate." It's sad the news is so predictable when a conservative politician is involved.

  • At the shot clinic I worked day before yesterday at a school that has a lot of deaf children and teachers a lady sat down and said something to me when my back was turned and I didn't quite get what she said. When she repeated it she signed and enunciated, "I'm a little scared but, I guess you are a pro right?" No one has done that to me before. She had seen my hearing aids when she walked up behind me.

  • A teacher sat down that looked like she just got back from selling her body on the ground behind a dumpster in a ghetto. Bad teeth from years of drug abuse and smoking and filthy fingernails and messy, Heidi Fleiss hair. Her top was too tight to roll her sleeve up so she had to unbutton her top and pull it down on one side. She gave me a kind of come hither warm look and leaned her body in toward me while smiling and giving me a wink- give it a rest sister. It made me itch to look at you and I wish I didn't even have to touch you for this shot.

  • A maintenance guy who would make three of me and was built like an ultimate fighter nearly fainted."Don't faint, and I'll give you a sucker- you big sissy." I said.

  • A woman said,"I'm scared, you know what you're doing right?" "Yeah, they showed me a video on how to do this yesterday that was really long, it was like two hours so I ought to be an expert." "What, a video!" "Well yeah, you didn't think they'd pick me up off the street and throw me in here without training did you?" "And anyway, look at these cool scrubs!" " You better be kidding." "I am, I actually used to run a immunization clinic, you'll probably be my ten thousandth victim." "Victim?" "Huh? Oh, imagine my embarrassment, I meant Patient." After the shot,"Wow, that was the best I didn't even feel it!"

  • Speaking of dumpster- a loose association: I did public health for a few years and was out in some pretty rough areas visiting people and I noticed if a group of guys were drinking their 40s and whatever else they were doing had a choice of sitting under some nice trees in a park like setting or leaning up against a dumpster they would take the dumpster every time. I never figured it out but, it was always the case and often dramatically obvious.

No comments: