Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Few More Digressions

  • I may be wrong but, I think I'm going to live. I don't know what kind of terrible disease it was or how we got it but, the worst may be over. My oldest went to school and I've stopped contemplating calling Dr. Kevorkian.
  • Part of it is my advanced age I know but, that stuff was brutal! It's no surprise ancient man would be considered elderly if they made it to forty. If I had been living in a cave eating berries and rotten mammoth meat my mouth breathing children had scavenged I never would have made it through that.
  • Waaaah call me a wambulance!
  • Comics and women and women comics joke about the difference between men and women when they're sick- goofing on the guys for being wimps. I wonder if there is something to this. Is it harder for a guy biologically somehow all thing being equal? I mean, maybe it's programmed into us all because historically the women and therefore the families that survived had a higher misery tolerance to allow them to care for the children (and maybe sissy men so they could hunt) for survival.
  • I was 22 the first time I had a flu, before that point I could never understand what the big deal was. I thought come on, so it's a bad cold- drink some OJ, eat some chicken noodle soup, take some Nyquil, then a nap- problem solved. Right?
  • Empathy is the capacity to recognize or understand another's state of mind or emotion. It is often characterized as the ability to "put oneself into another's shoes", or to in some way experience the outlook or emotions of another being within oneself.

No comments: