Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wednesday Digressions



  • I came home the other day and found a giant bunch of Tiger Lillies on the front porch to be transplanted. I like it when things like that happen.

  • When we do a shot clinic the shottees are asked to put their last four on one line of the form. They are told,"Write your last four where it says social security number." You would be surprised at the number of people who put your last four there.

  • Some police recruits came in from training. They wore the ugliest, goofiest uniforms imaginable. They were a drab grey for the tops and bottoms and they wore the old time round black police hats with a bill. On their duty belts were plastic radios, pistols and batons and they wore pretend body armor. One said,"Oh these stupid uniforms." as he was trying to get undressed to a point where I could give him his shot. I said," I bet you are a real chick magnet there, slick." "Yeah, you know it." came the reply. When he was leaving I said,"I guess you got to get back to the ice cream truck huh, bud?"

  • I'm glad he had a sense of humor or I would expect a good old fashioned tasering after he graduates.

  • Life is so much easier for an attractive person.

  • I did clinics at schools: Every teacher when they came up to me felt compelled to move their chair (which I had already positioned appropriately to give the shot) around before sitting down. I would then have to say, "Come closer." or "Turn this way please" or "Move more this way please." When all they would have had to do when they came up to my station is sit down. We vaccinated 100s of fire and police personnel and maybe one or two moved their chairs before sitting.

  • Wonder why that would be true and why on earth would I notice some arcane detail such as that?

No comments: