Monday, January 27, 2020

Monday's Missives


  • 100% of the people from Africa I have occasion to deal with at work pronounce Tanzania as TanZainiah and not Tanzah- neeyah. Consequently, I say it the first way which sounds more correct to my ears making me sound to an American either pretentious or like an idiot- depending on my audience.
     
  • Recently I bumped into an old Army buddy. He wants to get together for drinks to tell war stories. I should probably get pre paid legal and start an Uber account.
  • My eyebrows get old man bushy real quick.
  • If you date younger women they generally will not care about gray chest hair, head hair, face hair or whatever but yeah- you better get your stuff under control if you got bushy old man gray eyebrows.
  • Bennie and the Jets has been playing in a loop in my brain for several days or even a few weeks now.
  • Recently, I interacted with a worker in a business in what I thought was just a generally friendly manner. I am very sure he thought I was flirting with him.
  • Bonus information- he's 16 years old.
  • Bear commented here that I should give those Ayn Rand books a try on audiobook in spite of the fact that reading them in print nearly killed me. For some reason I get that but can't explain why. I may give it a try.
    Wave of garbage coming across the lake caused by heavy rainfall further up stream. It has come from the creek that feeds the lake. It's a little hard to tell maybe but where I'm at it's barely raining but it was pouring up stream. I had never seen that happen before.
  • An old girlfriend flashback just hit me recently. While hanging out I sat up from the couch to put a remote on the coffee table. As I did so she jumped on me causing me to fall backwards pinning my right arm under my back. She straddled me and pushed down on my shoulders. I told her she was going to have to let me up- it was hurting me. She actually pushed down harder. She then let out kind of one of those evil madman laughs saying, Muwahaha- Now you know what it's like for us women! She wouldn't let me up until I begged her.
  • Just driving by her old place makes me feel weird.
  • 93 lbs- her weight in case you were wondering.

2 comments:

an Donalbane said...

Cool lake pics. Oldest son sent me some texts this past weekend from MW (I think it was a private lake, not MWSP), where he and his buddies got their limit of ducks.

I occasionally get a wiry Andy Rooney/Jim Wright eyebrow hair - thus far, the eyebrows are not yet silver/grey, though most of the hair on my pate is (and seems to be resistant to my attempts with the Grecian formulae). The chest hair is still more pepper than salt, and we'll kinda stop there.

Does the Bennie and the Jets outro fade from left brain to right, and back again, like in the song?

Would love to have some sympathy for you for enduring a [presumably hot] chick jumping on you...but, nah.

el chupacabra said...

Hey Don regarding the Bennie and the Jets thing it goes from left to right right to left and swells from somewhere deep down and then go straight straight up and spreads out all over my brain I might lose my mind.

Yep she was super pretty and maybe even hot I guesss but the whole violence thing was a little bit of a turn off.