Monday, February 3, 2020

Mondays Missives

Stay classy Weatherford!

  • Both of the local radio personalities who were the first ones I heard mispronounce Houston as Yewston to sound smart and fancy- now say it properly.
    Goodness from DJ Screw. Not for everyday use but it's pretty good every once in a while.
  • How to know my mom made certain things better than your mom: I never thought she made everything the best. For example, her meatloaf was terrible and it didn't matter what vegetable it was she would cook it into oblivion but omigosh- she could cook a chicken fried steak and fried chicken that would make you lose your mind and she made great cornbread and pinto beans.
  • I've always liked the word pinto.
  • A female friend of mine mentioned meeting somebody but the dude kept staring at her cleavage. My first thing to say was maybe the last thing I should have (although I think I knew my audience well enough). I told her, Well, in his defense- you do have pretty great cleavage though...
  • It is 04/02/2019 @1825 and I am at R and K for taco Tuesday. Pretty OK but I don't like how they season the rice in the evening. I will go double beans next time.
  • I knew Putin was made of sturdier stuff but It is surprising to me how terrified of Putin Trump shows himself to be.
  • Somebody famous died recently. Their cause of death may have been cancer as reported but it was apparent to me that person was affected by Parkinsons for years. 
  • Related thought: Parkinsons won't kill you- it is the associated pneumonia or urinary tract infections that do you in.
  • I once witnessed a co-worker pose herself as a physical threat to another co-worker. As a bonus- the director also witnessed it.
  • Too many people these days think they have to argue to the death over the tiniest difference. To me this is so true, I literally don't even like talking about musical tastes with people that I don't know.
  • Also, too many people presume that everybody else in the world is as big a jackass as they themselves are.
  • People are making a big deal of glass being spread on a Michigan beach

No comments: