Thursday, January 11, 2018

Thursday's Thoughts


  • A good Day To Die Hard is pretty far fetched but so far- so good.
  • Hero Of The Empire is so far- so great. Although I knew a little about Churchill's escape from the Boers during the Second Boer War  I had no idea that for part of his time on the run he was hidden in a coal mine. As a bonus I am not sure whether I had forgotten or did not know- he was a correspondent and not a soldier during that adventure.
  • His mother was a legendary American beauty named Jennie. I only just now learned she died after a broken ankle became gangrenous.
  • For some reason I would like to visit her grave.
  • I hardly ever sit and watch a movie all the way through.
  • A friend described her bewbs to me yesterday (today is 02/08/2017) in some very unflattering terms. I was sad for her in a way but it was also kinda hilarious.
  • My presumption had been the neighbor who starts his diesel truck up every morning and lets it run for 30 minutes to an hour does so from his balcony with a remote starter. Nope- he walks down and starts it the old fashioned way and then schleps back up to his apartment. Then 30 minutes to an hour later he drives to a job that might be 5 minutes away.
  • Because it was soo much easier to do so- I recently ordered magazines and some other products off Amazon instead of sites associated with those specific magazines and products.
  • The neighbors dog comes out on the balcony and says hi to me when I walk up to my place. She is always so happy to see me- I swear she smiles at me.

No comments: