Saturday, January 13, 2018

The server at my breakfast place just called me by my first name- when I know we have never introduced ourselves and not only that- I have never even used a credit card here.

Update: The way I must have appeared weirded out by her pulling that on me caused her to act weirded out- toward me. On balance, that encounter was not that big of a deal I know but a couple thoughts come to mind- A: I live in a small town but it isn't that small. Number 2: In another life here I was extremely socially active and involved in the community. I'm not as good about either today- and have not been in years. So yeah- I used to know a lot of people- again not so much these days. Letter D: I have not met her someplace else  and then forgotten her- no way.
Weird

2 comments:

an Donalbane said...

Sometimes you wanna go...where ain't nobody knows your name...

DF Dr. Frasier Crane

el chupacabra said...

Ha, yeah I guess so!