Monday, November 28, 2016

Monday's Missives

    Image result for meme

  • A smokin' hot friendly aquaintance has recently gone from often being tired and slightly withdrawn to being bright and bubbly and acting a little more flirty with me. A day or two ago another friend said to her as I walked into the room, Don't worry. The next time he texts you- we will send him a picture of you and Kevin together and say, Don't worry. I think I will get along fine without you!  Yesterday she received flowers. I can be a little slow on the uptake but suddenly it all became perfectly clear- her husband has jumped the fence.
  • The flowers looked like a funeral arrangement. That numbskull.
  • It was raining this morning.
  • It is a sad day when the American voter has the 2 options he or she has today. Really, that is all I have to say about the subject of Election 2016- Beyond The Octagon!
  • There is a small bag of Everlasting Gobstoppers on my desk. Cool- I have never had those before.
  • Even cooler- there are S'mores and banana split flavored Dum-Dums although my favorite Dum-Dums flavor as of this writing is cotton candy.
  • The only question I asked when I first encountered sweet potato fries and then at some later time was offered sweet potato chips was, What took so long for you to come into my life!?
  • I met another person who was an interpreter for several years with US Army units in Afghanistan. We laughed and told stories like it was old home week.

No comments: