Monday, January 11, 2016

Monday's Missives



A garter snake found along with another at Holland Lake Park in Weatherford America
  • Long ago a nurse who helped train me in my first job got busted for falsifying blood sugar test results. Not only would doing the work correctly including the documentation take all of 3 minutes per patient- what the *!;^% were you thinking?! You could have killed somebody!
  • A postscript to that thought: She was allowed to resign on the spot and walk. Maybe 5 people know that story. Today, it would be international news. She would be jailed and afterwards would be lucky if she got to wait tables somewhere.
  • Connected thought: I sincerely hope ( and even think it very likely true) that she learned her lesson.



    I don't know what the point it is but it took some talent and imagination to make this giant sculpture for a fest on Magnolia in Funkytown America.
  • No matter where I go there are always nursing and allied staff who won't let any other nurse touch them for shots and skin tests but me.
    Occasionally, I still get cards trying to sell me services (or scam extended warranties) for the Beemer which I have not owned in some years.
  • This weekend I think I will take my children to a Japanese Hibachi steak house.
    Somebody has been talking to my ex wife. Well, some may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one...

    My daughter's last fund raising company really needs to let me do some proofing for them.
  • If I had to give a young person advice-one thing to hold on to it might be, Do not make your life harder than it has to be.
  • As a bonus I would say, Be very spare with giving advice. 
    I am a Minion: I have arrived.
  • This weekend (today is 12/21/2015) I watched both 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later. 28 Days is a great horror movie with nearly perfect music. At one point I owned the soundtrack. 28 Weeks is very good and the music adequate.
  • Great almost always comes out greta for me the first time.

No comments: