- I did not know until this (02/05/2015) morning that when Aubrey Hawkins was called out to where the escaped convicts from Texas Department Of Corrections would eventually kill him he was having dinner with his son at the time. I was reminded of Hawkin's murder as Texas killed one of the guys responsible yesterday evening. Here are his last words, " I would. That each new indignity defeats only the body. Pampering the spirit with obscure merit. I love you all. That's it."
- That is sure to make the list of stupidest famous last words.
- Sir Mix Alot Posse On Broadway- what I'm listening to.
- There is a personal beliefs exemption in some states to allow parents to withhold vaccines from their children. Vaccines are like a lot of things that are in place for safety and health- everybody has to do them all the time or the machine falls apart and it won't work. Anyway, maybe the worst thing about that exemption idea is it allows dumb people to basically dictate policy and public health. A lot of people will see that exemption to mean there really is a huge danger to vaccines and likewise if there is an exemption it must be OK to to take advantage of said exemption as the gubmint itself says it is- OK.
I swear- they're just making up words to name cars theses days.
- Recruits to ISIS have left the group (when they don't get their heads chopped off in the process) reporting if they're males being treated poorly and fed inadequately. Females who have left report being serially raped. Um, I don't mean to add insult to injury but- you're surprised a group of sociopath, homicidal maniacs would be mean and rude to you?
Photogenic lady fishing at Holland Lake
- Weird: at work we are supposed to double envelope any medical record information we send to a patient and stamp CONFIDENTIAL in red on the exterior of the outside envelope thus increasing the risk the information could be compromised when that bulk of envelopes goes through a reader machine at the post office and gets ripped open. Furthermore, if you want to keep something under wraps, you probably do not want to drawn attention to it with the very provocative word, confidential in all caps and red ink.
- The more you over-think an otherwise simple situation- the more likely you are to come to the wrong conclusion.
- Recently, Jordan strung up a couple of Iraqi jihadis in retribution for ISISs murder of a Jordanian F16 pilot. One of the people they hung was a woman. As I said earlier I don't mean to add insult to injury but the first time I saw a picture of her it was alongside one of the pilot. It was more/less a thumbnail and I thought her face was President Obama's Photoshopped onto a pic of a woman wearing a hijab and took it to be a statement of how the fate of the pilot was entwined with or dependent on President Obama somehow. Later I saw a larger image of the same picture and at a glance thought it was Fred Armisen. I mean- Woof!
- I heard day before yesterday from one of sources in the nursing underworld that one of my favorite instructors from my nursing school days has died. He went in for a procedure on his heart and coded as it was being performed and then expired. We bumped into each other a few years ago. He didn't look so great then. His face was slightly puffy and he was pale. Sad, he was a nice, smart and very funny guy.
|The ubiquitous purple Texas sunset through the net fence pic trick.|
|Before the choir came out for Handel's Messiah at the WC 2014|
|I may have shown you this before but can you get too much Richard Nixon pummeling a saber tooth cat with brass knuckles?|
|There is nothing like a nice fire- amiright?|