|About as cool as anything there were the ladies in period dress.|
|I'll always have soft spot in my heart for the old T-Patch.|
|Funny, there wan't a nickels worth of difference between the the Jeep I drove in the Army and the WWII version.|
|My dad was on a half track during WWII. This one seemed surprisingly nimble and quiet.|
|One of these guys day is about to get real bad.|
- So, I saw a dude get shot today (02/07/2015) anything interesting happen in your part of the world?
- It happened during the WWII reenactment at Fort Richardson. The weird thing about that is it wasn't the first time it has happened. An old friend was a a reenactor during the late 80s and early 90s. During an engagement a guy got shot in the thigh. His unit bought him an original Wehrmacht Wound Badge to commemorate the event.
There was one Russian and one Japanese soldier there (that I saw anyway). No word on if they recreated the Russo Japanese War.
- I thought about the possibility of a live fire incident in a, Wouldn't it be crazy...? kind of way before I left the house then dismissed it as soon as I recalled the aforementioned event. I assumed those guys would be shook down for live ammo and even guessed they might have to buy their blanks at the event.
- When the guy got hit a woman stepped out of the crowd and used the military hand gesture for cease fire.
I don't know if it was part of the play but this smoke grenade was thrown after the shot.
- The guy playing the German officer was directly in the the line of fire but when he perceived what was happening he turned and walked to the source of the fire calling for a ceasefire. That was really brave.
This is him after the fact.
- There were at least 2 live rounds fired and I could be convinced there were 3. I saw one impact the ground in front and slightly to my left, then when I was turning right to identify the source I heard another live round pass from my right to left. When I turned left to see where it may have impacted I think I heard a third coming from right to left again but it may have been an effect caused by sound bouncing off the guardhouse from 2 or 3 blanks which were fired basically simultaneously.
- It is hard enough to believe what is real anymore without seeing somebody get gutshot in the middle of a bunch of guys playing war for an audience.