Monday, August 12, 2013

Monday's Missives







  • Portishead - Glory Box. Great stuff.
  • Sex is like air: you don't miss it 'til you're not getting any. I am not sure where I heard that. Maybe I just made it up all clever and humorous like.
  • For some reason I've eaten more waffles in the past few weeks than I have in my whole life.
  • Pastafina's sounds good tonight.
  • My feet hurt for years after I came back from Iraq from standing on 200 degree pavement for hours on end. Not in an, Oh man, this is kind of uncomfortable, but I guess I'll get over it kind way- more of an, Omigawd, I can't take another step. Gimme some morphine or shoot me! kind of way. They ached and felt like they were on fire and would swell like water balloons.
  • A patients widow left this message on my phone a few weeks after he died, Kevin, this is ________ would you mind calling me back? I have a question I'd like to ask you. I'm not touching that with a ten foot pole.
  • Zachary is worse about baths than me- I've been trying to drag him out for the past hour.
  • "Give me five more minutes, dad." He says holding up all five fingers of his right hand.
  • Did I mention he's three?
  • Edit: he is now 6.

No comments: