Monday, October 18, 2010

Monday's Missives








  • While talking to a friend at a restaurant about nursing a woman behind me said,"Can I ask what he does?" I turned and told her I was a nurse. She got up, stood in front of me and said,"Oh, I can relate." and started unbuttoning her shirt. I panicked and wanted to make a run for it, but she was blocking me in the booth. Thankfully, she didn't strip down in front of me and do a table dance, but stopped halfway down and pulled her shirt open to show me her open heart scar. Then she turned around and poked her butt out toward me and pointed to her hiney and mentioned some work she had done there. Then she said,"I like to learn about the history of things and stuff." and sat back down.

  • Spellcheck hi lites hiney.




  • My last patient was in the ghetto. When you turned the kitchen light on it threw sparks and hissed.




  • I've never turned down a case based on the area they lived.




  • I think most guys that hunt would think it's sexy for a woman to hunt.



  • The other day Zac stuck a straw in his milk and stirred it, when asked why he said,"Because I want it to turn to strawberry." Did I mention he's three? Play on words especially ones he thought up himself are supposed to be beyond his grasp at this stage.

7 comments:

RPM said...

He sounds like a chip off the old Chup.

Opus #6 said...

Zac sounds like a cutie.

This gal was forward. Just because you are a nurse she is compelled to show you her chest and buttocks?

an Donalbane said...

Loved The Adventures of Brisco County Jr., especially the episode where Brisco saves Dixie, and they fall in an embrace in the hay in a moving freight train boxcar.

Then the scene cuts to the motion of the steam locomotive piston.

Pure brilliance!

an Donalbane said...

I hunt. Don't know if I'd call it 'sexy' if my woman hunted also.

My hunting ethos is maybe a bit different from a lot of other hunters. For me it's about the reverence for the quarry and the time spent afield, in God's creation, appreciating the wonder. Don't get me wrong, I don't do a ritual purification or anything weird before a hunt (although I would consider it for a once-in-a-lifetime tatanka hunt, in which I would pitch camp on the prairie, possibly in a tipi, and hunt with a muzzle-loader or maybe a .45-70 - that would be awesome), but I don't go blasting up the woods either. I'm a strong adherent of the one-shot approach.

I actually thought it was pretty cool that my [oldest] son didn't get his first deer until our fourth outing. We got to spend a lot of quiet time together those first three hunts.

If my woman were interested in hunting, genuinely and for the right reasons, yeah, that'd be cool. But, if it's not her thing, well, that'd be OK, too.

RPM said...

I love Bruce Campbell (not in that way). Briscoe County was greatness. I also like his new role of Sam Axe on Burn Notice.

el chupacabra said...

RPM- Hope he falls a little farther from the tree though.

Op- He is unbeleivably awesome- amazes me every day. They call that woman 'crazy lady' around here.

Don- Briscoe County was great. Interestingly, it gets mentioned here occasionally although it hasnt been on in years.

I get what you're saying about the 'spirit of the hunt' and all that- but if something did not die occasionally we would not do it. Amiright?

an Donalbane said...

Well, yeah. My deer ends up as dead as the next guy's.

I was able to eyeball, albeit very briefly, the LSGGG yesterday @ Tin Top Rd - as I was racing back to FTW from Millsap-ish. At least I know where it is now.