Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Wednesday's Digressions








  • Best comment/compliment I've received in a while: "You have an expression that's kind of rough yet gentle at the same time."





  • An old ex friend indicated once to an acquaintance he thought my 14 year old niece was hot. He had the decency to get killed before I could bump into him to hurt him.





  • Zac recently said to his older brother's principal,"Why is your belly so big?"





  • There were two generals on horseback during our War Between The States. When a shell went off between them from enemy artillery they neither scarcely even flinched, but one couldn't help looking down afterwards in a shudder to where the round exploded. For decades until his death he would lament in writing and verbally he showed less courage under fire than the other officer. I do not recall who they were, but simply love that story.





  • Another one that always strikes me when I hear or read it- President Lincoln said of Robert E. Lee,"I cannot think of the man that I do not weep."





  • I kinda thought a Mexican server was interested in me at a restaurant I frequent, but wasn't sure until I took a friend there who happens to be female. There was absolute murder in her eyes. Man, they're jealous. I could just see us a couple of years from now as she reverts to Spanglish: Hoto! Puto! Madre de Dios- I wish to Hey Seuss I'd never met you! All the while alternating between slapping me on the face and hitting my chest with the balls of her fists.




  • When a person gets tattoos all over their face and neck they better get ready to stay right where they're at for the rest of their lives- they're saying this is all there is and ever will be.





  • I give great presents to my nieces and nephews for their birthdays.
  • I'll be at Mineral Wells State Park for a star watching party with my children Saturday October 9 2010. It starts at 430 in the afternoon. Last year there were 90 telescopes set up in the parking lot to the amphitheater.

2 comments:

Opus #6 said...

I love the motivational posters. Police medic and Irresponsibility are both awesome!

Kathleen... said...

The poster made me laugh OUT LOUD! Very funny. And you know what? You have a beautiful writing style....I always sit back and think, "Man, that was nice" after I read your posts. =)

Good luck with that server....or, not....or good luck not? lol

Maybe you'll spot a romantic constellation while you're out there! I'll cross my fingers for you....=)